Friday, May 28, 2010

This was a GREAT day!

At 6:30 am. My Brother James and I took off for a 7:00 MRI and my Beloved Roswell Park Cancer Center. The morning was lovely and I felt like driving as my vision has cleared and I feel so good in the mornings. Merril was on his way too and we watched each other as we made the exchange from freeway to freeway into the city.

Anyway, the MRI was early so James and I sat and talked as we waited for the 9:30am Doctors to come in and read the results. They were early and by 9:00 we were sitting there hearing that the lesions in my brain had been all but destroyed by the radiation treatment. They expect in the next few days that all will be GONE...GONE!

This is something, you have all been praying for and something I just the past few days found the faith to ask. How can I express how very grateful I am for this tender mercy. I can only share this scripture I read shortly after I got so sick.


Moroni 7: 27 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to claim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men?
28 For he hath answered the ends of the law, and he claimeth all those who have faith in him; and they who have faith in him will cleave unto every good thing; wherefore he advocateth the cause of the children of men; and he dwelleth eternally in the heavens.
29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have aangels ceased to minister unto the children of men.
30 For behold, they are subject unto him, to minister according to the word of his command, showing themselves unto them of strong faith and a firm mind in every form of godliness.


I have been thinking of all the prayers, cards, flowers, cinnamon bears, cards, flowers, Meals, flowers, Pajamas, e mail, cards, Flowers, Food, cards, calls, hair, Love and more.

Flowers have covered my tables since my diagnosis.

The calls I was too sick to take or make and the ones I am now getting to. My dear friends and family who I have not seen me for years and those I see everyday who have given me a lift with their good wishes and most of all their prayers. Your fasting and your faith in my behalf. How blessed I am and thankful for this wonderful life and just a little more time to live and love.

4 comments:

  1. Such wonderful news Susan! You are such a strength to so many! Your perspective is truly an example. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me...but my husband and I are good friends with Damian and we are praying for you! Thanks for sharing your great news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That enemy gone...GONE. Keep fighting, my sweet friend and our prayers will continue. I so look forward to seeing you in 9 months - the 14th of June is my halfway point. How great is Skype - it felt like you were in the next room. I love you, Susan - just hearing your voice brought such comfort and hope for a big embrace and a long talk face to face. I have to say it again: I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Susan,
    You remain in my prayers. I look forward to your wonderful Blog additions and hope you will continue to add updates. You are a remarkable example in sooo many ways of beautiful womanhood. Sending my love and prayers. Miki Hunter

    ReplyDelete