Saturday, May 8, 2010


Thanks for all your prayers and expressions of love and concern. TODAY WAS A LITTLE HARD. I WAS GLAD Merril WAS WITH ME FOR THE NEWS. HERE IS MY, NOT SO SCIENTIFIC REPORT.
1. Chemo to start ASAP maybe next Wednesday
2. Cancer looks like it is in the liver, lungs and maybe bone's. Doing a biopsy on Wednesday of the liver OUCH (cannot do a bone Scan since the volcano is keeping the radioactive stuff they need to inject into my Cy borg veins grounded for NOW)
3. On Friday they are putting in a "medi port" this is a little port they put under your skin by the collar bone where they can put chemo drip or draw blood. I guess I will have it for the rest of my life and will actually be a Cy Borg before Dad who really wanted to be one.
4. They said that when breast cancer re accrues they treat the symptoms( like My breathing being cut off) with drugs (chemo hair distroying goo) until there is a response or until the patient says STOP i have had enough. Because it has been three years...since the first Chemo.... that means this is not a aggressive, but a slow growing cancer and possibly very recptive to the chemo(good for me, bad for Cancer but we don't care about IT).
Average survival for second onset breast cancer is three years. Since I am "ABOVE" average and "President of the WORLD" and "bossy" we will plan on longer, MUCH longer.
5. tHE GROWTH IN THE LUNGS IS ACTUALLY LYMPH NODES SITTING BY THE Bronci. They are most likely full of cancer.
6. We have to cancel out cruise to Greece but think this should be a very Buffalo Summer. Soo start looking at when you could come for a visit
7 The girls shopping trip to NYC is still on. They may have to get a MOM stroller for me but I am not going to miss this.
8. We will do Powell in October borg body or NO

Hope this answers most questions. I guess if there is any new news from the OUCH liver biopsy, I will let you know
Love, Cy Borg Sue/ Mom

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea. I always feel better when I blog.

    I am sooo sad that you have to go through this great worry, pain, and suffering. You seem way to young and vibrant to have to go through this at all. It really is unbelievable. Thanks for choosing to share your struggle with us. As always you are inspiring to be around.
    I haven't missed a single day of remembering you in my prayers. We will continue to do so and keep checking the blog as we leave Buffalo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan! I found your blog by randomly clicking on the followers of my blog, which I hardly EVER do. I clicked on the second to the right on the first row and "Susan" appeared. A miracle to me! How I love you!
    If attitude determines longevity, then you have the enemy on the run. My prayers are going up for you in the Pacific - I have you covered here. Then when I get home in 11 months we will take that trip that we planned, even if it is the boat at the bottom of Niagra Falls. Remember when we were there with the Young Ambassadors?
    I love you, my dear friend. I love that picture of you with the fall color in the background and your beautiful Susan smile on top of that classy blue blouse - soo Susan.
    Talk to you soon - Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will keep you in our prayers and look forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete